Sunday, October 16, 2011

~~ Sweetest Day ~ October 15, 2011


I don't even really know what this day is for lol. I mean, it's sort of like an unofficial Valentine's Day. It's a day to get the person you care about some flowers, a gift, take 'em somewhere special maybe. Hmmmmph, we really should be doing this all year long to begin with. Right? Do we really need specified days on a calendar to treat the people  in our lives with love and respect? Does it really need to be reduced to a commercialized day of the year? For some, I do believe the answer is probably "yes". Kinda sad if you ask me, but really, who the hell am I?

I truly hope that the people I love and care about know that I feel that way, without me having to buy something, or say it every single day to prove it. Don't get me wrong, I'm just like any other girl who loves to get flowers, and be told she's loved. However, I don't need to be told every second, or have gifts delivered to me to know it and feel it inside my heart. I guess I can say I've been blessed with a lot of seriously amazing people in my life over the years. I've been given random gifts on random days, had amazing favors been done for me, been told "I love you Gina" a lot of times in my life.While not every day has dawned smelling like roses, I know that I am a lucky woman to have known the majority of the people in my life.

My "Sweetest Day" started a little early. I came home from work last night and received some beautiful flowers from Jim. I get told "I love you" by him on a daily basis. It has definitely become a routine part of my day. (If I'm being COMPLETELY honest, I'd wonder what was up if I didn't hear it lol) I'd be lying if I said I wasn't always treated with respect by him. It's like he makes it his main objective daily, to make sure I know that I am loved and appreciated. He says I'm his best friend and he doesn't know what he'd do without me. (That's kind of an awesome thing to be told, I must say).  Tonight, he took me out to dinner. It was kinda nice just to get out of the house, sit and talk (not necessarily in peace and quiet lol) and just "hang out" together. Everybody needs a break from every day life, and it was nice to get one. Thank you Jim for being an awesome guy. You don't do it because you have to, or because you think it's what someone wants. You just do it because it's who you are....well, to me anyway. I am truly blessed to have you in my life, and I love you and adore you.

I hope that everyone had an amazing day today. I just hope that people make it a habit to be loving EVERY day and not just the ones designated for us on a calendar. We're all human beings and need more than just a couple annual shows of affection to survive. Make a point to let the people in your lives know they are appreciated as often as you can. A hug, a smile, blow someone a kiss, or say "I love you". Those things come back to us tenfold, and a lot of times, they come just at the times we are needing them most.

xoxoxo ~~ Gina ~~

No comments: