Monday, June 20, 2011

The Passing of "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn

First off, let me say, I don't EVER like hearing of anyone passing away...celebrity or otherwise. That being said, I AM sorry for the loss of his family, friends, and fans. However, my thoughts are on such a different track than most other people's are today. I'm irritated as hell that so many people are bummed that "such a hysterical guy is gone" or "the good ones always die young". Yes, it's a shame that someone who was able to entertain SO many people is now gone. Yes, it's a sad thing when young people are killed or pass away. Does NO ONE see this through my eyes? Am I the only one who can't get all upset over hearing that someone who was out the night prior to his death, partying it up, Tweeting pics of himself and his buddies drinking their livers into oblivion? I guess I am just a heartless, cruel fucking bitch then, because for the life of me; I can't seem to summon up too much sympathy for a man that got behind the wheel of a car (obviously after consuming God knows how much alcohol) and chose to endanger his OWN life and the life of other innocent people. Sorry! Call me a bitch! I'm sure I can handle it.


The last pic anyone sees of this man, he is sucking down drinks Sunday night. He is killed in a car crash, along with another unknown person. Yes, death, from any means is sad, but THIS right here, just pisses me the fuck off. Every time I see this picture, it's going to infuriate me. I wasn't a Jackass fan, but I have many friends who were. Even some of their posts related to his passing are beginning to chap my ass as well.

I suppose I'm just irritated by the knowledge that yet ANOTHER person was out drinking with their buddies, and chose to get behind the wheel of a car. He and countless others are grown ass adults with NO valid excuses for making such a choice. There was another human being in his car too. Lord knows if that person was sober or under the influence either. Ugh. I just can't fathom people who make that choice. NO ONE should be getting behind the wheel after drinking...PERIOD. I don't care if it's "only a couple drinks". It's completely fucking irresponsible. The bad thing, is that it's usually not even the drunk driver who gets injured in accidents where drinking was involved. It's usually some innocent bystander, with not a clue of what is about to happen to them.

I've dealt with the drinking and driving personally. I've been involved with 2 different men in my life that wouldn't hesitate to hop their drunk asses in a car and go careening into the night. They could have cared fucking less about anyone else on the road. THAT is fucking scary. I can't tell you how many nights I wondered if I'd ever see them again. My nightmares were filled with visions of destroyed cars and innocent families mangled beyond recognition. I would bitch and bitch until I was blue in the face about the dangers of taking risks like that. All my words went ignored. All my pleas to stop risking the lives of innocent people and themselves went unheeded. I prayed sometimes for them to be pulled over and arrested, yanked off the streets like the criminals that they were being. (Does this make me wrong? If so, I'll just sit here in all my fucking wrongness and revel in it).

Seriously people, there is NO reason in this world that is valid enough to excuse placing yourself behind the wheel of a vehicle and endangering someone else. I don't care WHO you are. It's ESPECIALLY maddening to see someone in a celebrity capacity doing it, when they are CLEARLY role models for so many.  Somewhere right now, there is some complete tool whose brain capacity is diminished (some dumb ass Jackass fan) who is celebrating Ryan's life with a few drinks, and they're going to get behind the wheel of a car later, and decide to drive somewhere. God willing, that person or persons will make it to their destination. Someone, somewhere, will not be so lucky. I hope and pray that in their stupidity, they don't take out some innocent person with them.

In closing, I really have only one thing to say. If your stupid fucking ass drinks and chooses to drive, you are CLEARLY a fucking


Enough said!

No comments: