Monday, June 20, 2011

This Quiet Room

All alone in this quiet room.
Nothing but the sounds of this voice.
Screaming inside my mind.
Wondering.
When will you actually see me?
Not just the outer picture...
but everything...
TRULY see me.
See the important parts.
The parts that honestly matter.
Love.
Freely given.
Overflowing.
So much of it, with nowhere to go.
It flows out...
Always stopped by some invisible wall.
Washes back over me..
untouched...
rejected.
Sadness.
A painful feeling that engulfs everything it touches.
Drowning me...
amidst my own tears.
Waiting.
For that light to come on.
For your vision to clear.
Eyes to be open.
Heart to be unlocked.
Hoping.
That all the hurt
of days gone past...
will ease...
That the tears that have flowed uncontrollably
will dry, or evaporate with the wind.
Watching.
Through these windows of the soul.
Seeing so clearly....
all the wants...
and the need for true peace...
happiness.
Knowing.
That it's right on the other side of that door.
Pleading.
Reach out.
Turn the handle.
Take it.
Heart, soul, love...
waiting...
with the silent scream..
Alone...in this quiet room.

Originally written:
January 22,  2011
7:44 pm
G.F.C

No comments: