Monday, June 20, 2011

The Way You Left Me

Initial reaction.
SHOCK!
Then came the delayed feelings....
Pain,
Betrayal,
Hurt,
and from out of nowhere....
RAGE!
It was like watching someone else's life
from the outside.
Couldn't be happening...
not to me.
All that time spent
cultivating.
This friendship...
so much like a garden
Seeds were planted
Daily dose of water
from our words.
Sunshine.
The element you brought.
So careful to make sure these roots grew deep
Every day...
tending to them...
those beautiful, delicate blooms.
Even in the hardest of times...
through each and every storm...
I was there...
no matter the weather...
to be the stake to keep those blooms reaching for the sun.
Day or night...
Even when I was clearly the only one tending to it.
I gave my life to those blooms...
Every piece of love...
heart
soul
All of me.
I look now...
and see those blooms...
turned away from the sun...
falling...
wilted...
Dead.
No longer the bright, beautiful living things...
they once were.
They didn't need anything but love...
Love you gave....
then took away.
This garden was my heart...
once so vibrant and full of life...
It will be again.
Rich,
Beautiful,
Cultivated,
Loved....
The exact opposite of...
The way you left me.

Originally written:
May 7, 2011
1:09 A.M.
G.F.C.

No comments: