Monday, June 20, 2011

While He Lays Sleeping

Every night I sit up late
I watch him sleep
The gentle rise
and fall
of his sleeping form.
The sounds of his snores...
The little noises he makes..
and I think.
I study his face from across the room...
the shape of his eyes,
the slope of his nose,
the way his lips move...
as if he's talking in his dreams.
My heart goes out to him...
desperately seeking...
a way into the fortress he's built around himself.
I sit in frustration...
not knowing
never knowing
what to do.
I peer so closely at this beautiful resting creature before me...
so close, without ever moving an inch.
I want so badly to reach out and touch him...
but I don't....
so very afraid.
I ache in every corner of my soul
for the man behind his eyes.
I love this man...
with every fiber of my being...
and I ache..
for what I cannot reach.
I pray...
that his heart...
can somehow feel me...
across the distance....
While he lays sleeping.


Originally written:
January 28, 2011
10:36 pm
(For my black key)
G.F.C

No comments: