Thursday, June 30, 2011

30 Day Love / Truth Challenge DAY 9: Tell us about the first time you ever made love (not had sex)

Ya know, I actually went to the online dictionary, and typed in the phrase "making love" to see what ITS definition of it was. It basically said "sexual activities, usually including sexual intercourse, between two people". Okay, hmmm, so that is my definition of the word SEX. If I go by Dictionary.com's definition, then I have "made love" during every sexual experience I've had, and well, that's just a crock of fucking horse shit.
When I think of making love, I think of it being on a plane that isn't even CLOSE to just "having sex". I think of an amazing feeling, like there's no other people in the world but the two that are making love. I imagine intense passion, smoldering looks, sweet words, touches that feel like fire on your skin, heights never reached that leave both parties breathless.
I picture caressing, taking your time with each other, exploring every single inch of your partner's body,  gazing into each other's eyes and not seeing a person in the world but them....
I imagine feelings of ecstasy so intense and powerful that you can't even keep your eyes open. I imagine not being able to speak because I'm just too busy "feeling" what's happening to me. I imagine it would be like never wanting the feeling to end.....
I expect it would be one of the most glorious feelings a human being could ever experience. Two people, completely on the same wavelength, emotionally and physically....bonded to each other......
I imagine two bodies, clasped together, sweating and moving in a perfect rhythm with one another. I see heads thrown back, eyes rolled into their heads, and the screams and moans of satisfaction on their way to release as the couple finds release together......
I see two people, exhausted, spent...intertwined together as they drift off to sleep in each other's arms. I see making love as an experience so ethereal that there is nothing that can come close to that feeling in that moment. I see making love as a gift so special that not many people actually share this magic together.


I think both people have to be completely in love in order for making love to even exist. I think too many people label casual sex, or sex with a significant other as making love. You may be a couple, and you may have sex, but that does NOT mean you are "making love".  I have loved people that I've been intimate with. Does that mean we made love? No, unfortunately, it does not. I have been with someone that I loved so intensely that it made my heart ache. Does this mean I was making love? No, not it doesn't. I think everyone just KNOWS that moment in their heart when it's happening. They know instantly, that they are on that same plane...that same plateau with that person. I, regretfully in fact, know that I have yet to experience the true meaning of making love. I hope that one day I'll know the magic that some people have been so blessed to achieve.

2 comments:

No Labels said...

Well written, thought provoking entry.

Thee_Kween said...

Wow, your honesty on this is superb. Beautiful, Gina!