Monday, July 4, 2011

30 Day Love / Truth Challenge DAY 12: Is our love written in the stars?

Cancer Pictures, Images and Photos

Do I believe in zodiac compatibility? My best match? My worst? Let me think here.....I think this is an interesting topic actually. I think for me, I believe in SOME of the aspects of what the zodiac says we're compatible with. Also, not every person of each sign is the same, or adheres to what the zodiac says they are like.I know this asks for my best and my worst but I'm going to have a little fun with this and veer all around with it. LOL  I found a site when I googled "zodiac compatibility" and it lists your sign and then breaks it down to show you what it would be like with each of the other signs. I have to say that it's pretty freaking accurate! It also gives you a "thumbs up" rating for each respective sign.( I am assuming the highest number of thumbs up it gives is 4 since that's the highest it's showing for my sign with any other sign.) I am completely amused by the thumbs up ratings from some of my previous relationships.

1. MY EX HUSBAND AND I : (2 thumbs up)
Geminis are greatly attracted to Cancer's intriguing graces and Cancer will be drawn to Gemini's bubbly outward personality. But the two will soon come to know that they have too much conflicting qualities to make a relationship work. Gemini will promise to give Cancer the world one week, but might be completely absent the next. Cancer is too emotional to deal with such off and on love. This is a roller coaster of a relationship that needs a lot of work.

--Roller coaster of a relationship is a damn UNDERSTATEMENT! He and I were a freaking hot mess together, right on down to the way we "looked" as a couple. I was already almost 6 feet tall and he was about 5'8". (Yup, hot mess!)  Just like the signs said, it was great at times, and then I'd be left wondering what we were even doing together. I am a HIGHLY emotional person and the way I saw it, he had none. LOL. Our relationship was riddled with cheating and domestic violence. It will go down in history as one of my biggest train wreck relationships. Luckily, I was able to have one piece of perfection come out of that marriage. My son. The rest is history, and I am thrilled of that fact . Haha.

2. TONY-- MY 2 YOUNGEST GIRLS' FATHER : (3 thumbs up)
Leo is a magnet for drama and Cancer does not mind, as Leo can provide stable strength and affection that Cancer needs. These two can make a good couple as their natural weaknesses and strengths balances out each other, but there is less room for error than other compatible zodiac matches. A marriage between the two can last if Cancer does not nag Leo consistently and Leo does not take it out on Cancer in bad times.

--I laughed when I read this one because he and I were so NOT compatible at all. I don't know if he just was a "renegade" Leo, but this doesn't sound like our relationship at all. Their was absolutely NOTHING "stable" about my life with him. He could have really cared less about showing me strength and affection. The only signs of strength I saw from him was when his hand was landing on my person to knock me the hell out. (Hey, I keep it real. No point sugar coatin' the bullshit. Is there?) We didn't balance each other out at all. I agree with only one part of their description of this pair up....."less room for error than other compatible zodiac matches". How about let's just say there was NO room for error. Error meant Gina was catching a smack down. I give a big ass thumbs down for Cancer and Leo match ups. Veer far, far away from this! (this was probably my BIGGEST train wreck relationship)

3. JIM BONETTI-- THE FIRST LOVE  (4 thumbs up)
A Taurus and Cancer pairing has the potential to turn into a lifetime relationship. Both signs share the same views, they want emotional and financial security. They also will be loyal to each other, willing to spend quality time together at home. Taurus and Cancer are a good match and will be together for quite a while...as long as Cancer doesn't stir up too much drama and Taurus don't let the natural pigheadedness tendencies take over. Expect a house with many children or pets if a Taurus and Cancer couple ties the knot.

--I honestly think that if this relationship had come along later in life, it would have been one that might have gone somewhere. Jim was a cool guy, but we were both young and even though he was older, it isn't a reach to say that he still had a lot of growing up to do like I did. I was only 16 and he was around 21. I was comfortable around him as a person and he had an awesome personality (which incidentally, I've learned he still has to this day). He was my first real experience with having "love" feelings. I loved him enough to give up that cherry, didn't I? LOL. I think he deserved it after waiting as long as he did, and not pushing for it.  It might have had something to do with his cute ass smile too....I can't be sure!  ;)   (I'd count him as one of the better relationship experiences)

4. MARK S.-- MY 4 YR ONLINE LOVE : (2 thumbs up)
Instant chemistry happens often between Cancer and Sagittarius. They both love to laugh and use humor to hide behind their insecurities. But they make better friends than lovers, as their chemistry makeup is far too different and they will feel out of their element together. Sagittarius will want to rush into romance but Cancer will want the exact opposite. As friends, Cancer can serve up support and advice with Sagittarius lending an ear to hear Cancer's deepest thoughts and secrets. If these two are to become a couple, they will have to start at the friendship level and then slowly grow over time to something more.

--This one, pretty much dead on accurate. There WAS instant chemistry between us, and we both definitely use humor as a way of covering up whatever else might be going on. I don't think for one second think that he and I would have felt "out of our element" around each other in person though. There isn't a thing we couldn't talk about or do with each other. I think if I had been able to relocate in a timely fashion before he ended up in another relationship, that it would have been a truly amazing melding of two awesome personalities. It's sad that the way he and I were ended in such a fashion. Life is full of truly amazing things, and he and I would have been one of them. (even though we weren't "together", we had a relationship of sorts, and I count it as one of the good ones)

5. JOSH-- MY LAST LOVE : ( 1 thumbs up)
These two signs are a world apart in terms of personalities. Aries is aggressive and a radical while Cancer is on the conservative side and can be quite sensitive. They will both have to adjust to each other's style if they want to make the relationship work. What makes it tough is that both Aries and Cancer have bouts of irrational jealousy and they do not give their trust so easily. This can amount to much paranoia. A lot of compromises will have to be made from Aries and Cancer to continue on the relationship.

--Also dead on accurate! Personality-wise, we couldn't have been more different. He actually was just as sensitive as I am, but just doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve like I always have. (Some people are able to hide their feelings and emotions. I'm sooooo NOT one of them. LOL) I never experienced jealousy from Josh. It is, however, quite true that neither of us trusted easily. I trusted him enough not to hurt me, I just don't think he trusted me not to do the same in the long run. It was a big step for me to trust him though. Seeing that a lot of compromises would have had to be made for he and I to work, I know that it never would have went anywhere. Despite my love for Josh, he was not willing to give in about ANYTHING. You can't have a relationship that way. If he'd been willing to give in a little, we could have been amazing together. We got along just fine until the break up. Haha. It's amazing how getting dumped will cause a girl to be less than enjoyable to be around, eh? I suppose I wouldn't want to look at the face of a person I'd hurt either. It's got to be hard to watch a person cry and know they're broken up inside. I will say I know he had a heart, and he couldn't deal with seeing my reaction to our break up. (before break up...I count it on the good side. After the break up...not so much)

 Last but not least,I'm throwing in my most recent involvement with a male, because I definitely think he needs to be mentioned.

6. JASON BOWLES-- MY "I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE YET" lol : (4 thumbs up)
These two signs can come together to form great long-term friendships and even good lovers down the line. Communication between Cancer and Virgo is terrific as Virgo can provide an ear and let Cancer open up more than usual. The slow approach of Cancer will get Virgo to become more involved with group activies and interesting causes. The only weakness in this pairing is that even little arguments can be bigger than they really are in the eyes of both Cancer and Virgo as they are very sensitive zodiac signs.

-- Off the bat, this description starts off accurate. Jas and I have been online friends for over two years. You couldn't ask for a better friend than this man. He'd go all out to be there for the people he cares about, and he's certainly done that with me. He's always been there to talk to, and he does have the greatest ability to listen to a person. I don't think he needs a Cancer to get him involved with anything though. Jason is a pretty outgoing guy without my help. I can definitely lean towards agreeing with the last sentence of the description though. Jason and I are both sensitive, emotional types of people, and though we don't fight and carry on all the time....we HAVE had a couple spats since we started living together. We both can get pretty damn fired up about something that is important to us. That's never a bad thing though. I honestly wouldn't want him around me if he was any other way. I expect the people around me to speak their minds. (I definitely count Jason in the good relationships.)


So, I don't know that I agree with EVERYTHING the zodiac has to say about our compatibility with other folks. Some of it's accurate, and some isn't necessarily. I was, however, amused that some of my most intense loves got so few thumbs up. LOL. It's very funny to me. Guess it just goes to show, that for some reason, we silly humans always want those things that are not the best for us. Love is a silly thing, I tell ya!  ;)

2 comments:

No Labels said...

I love the depth of this... (smiles)

Thee_Kween said...

I'm glad you're having fun with it...I know WAY too many damn Cancers. LOL