Tuesday, July 5, 2011

30 Day Love / Truth Challenge DAY 15: Live without Love? I think not.....

I'm sure I could live without a "romantic" love relationship, because I've done it before. I'd never be able to survive without other love relationships I've had in my life though. We love so many different people in our lives, and not all of them are romantic. I couldn't live without the love of my children. Luckily, even after being away from them so long, they still love me and have made that quite clear to me. (I thank a higher power for that every single day, by the way.) I don't think I would have made it through some of the roughest patches of my life without the love of some of my closest friends. Some of those people, I've never even met in person. Despite that fact, I'm sure of one thing about them, and that is that they love me unconditionally. It may seem strange to some that a person could have such close bonds with people they've never met. To me it's not strange at all. I've spent a lot of time in the "virtual world" over the years, and met some really kick ass personalities. Just because I can't reach out and touch them, doesn't make them any less of a person to me. We're there for each other when needed. Isn't that what love and friendship is all about?

Sure, it stinks to not have romantic love in one's life, but it IS possible to go without it. I hope that I NEVER have to find out what it's like to live without any kind of love at all. The thought of it is unbearable. My heart aches at the prospect. .......

.......I'd never survive.

2 comments:

No Labels said...

Preach!

Thee_Kween said...

I think most of us are on the same page with this one!